Set effects

Ale

Staff member
I'll start with what changes I have in mind that could affect the endgame a bit more which I think is pretty essential currently since everybody knows how to progress in the game and the activities there are to do just end.

What I first had in mind is the set effects. I mean, they're sweet yeah, but wouldn't be even more sweeter if one would say need to find an item that has an certain effect and then be able to attach it to their equip ? This would add more direction as to where the characters could advance to. You could say for example go for damage increase, life steal, movement speed, mana/health gain, or whatever else there is.

The same set effect thing could be a thing for the incarnation items, they could be completely random from drop as to what set effect you get on them, like they currently have it with fortification. This could also help new people with advancing in Myth.

A discussion starter, something to think about.

M

Mitch

I'll start with what changes I have in mind that could affect the endgame a bit more which I think is pretty essential currently since everybody knows how to progress in the game and the activities there are to do just end.

What I first had in mind is the set effects. I mean, they're sweet yeah, but wouldn't be even more sweeter if one would say need to find an item that has an certain effect and then be able to attach it to their equip ? This would add more direction as to where the characters could advance to. You could say for example go for damage increase, life steal, movement speed, mana/health gain, or whatever else there is.

The same set effect thing could be a thing for the incarnation items, they could be completely random from drop as to what set effect you get on them, like they currently have it with fortification. This could also help new people with advancing in Myth.

A discussion starter, something to think about.
I actually really like this idea --> you could *almost* entirely remove Set Effects and release another round of scrolls that you could apply to your set to do the above

Teles

Administrator
Staff member
I actually really like this idea --> you could *almost* entirely remove Set Effects and release another round of scrolls that you could apply to your set to do the above
I'm really confident that this can be done hence the Skill Effect(b3) scrolls are barely a translation + something on the backend. That is something doable.

Ale

Staff member
I'm really confident that this can be done hence the Skill Effect(b3) scrolls are barely a translation + something on the backend. That is something doable.

Scrolls work just nice, we could adjust the hue/saturation a little bit, have nice different colors for different set effects :D

But as to where they drop, I was thinking that we could bring out stage raids out a bit more, there's only 1 reason to run them and that's for the achievement. Any thoughts ?

Teles

Administrator
Staff member
Scrolls work just nice, we could adjust the hue/saturation a little bit, have nice different colors for different set effects :D

But as to where they drop, I was thinking that we could bring out stage raids out a bit more, there's only 1 reason to run them and that's for the achievement. Any thoughts ?
I think forcing people who don't like achievements to do them would be a mistake. Create custom content and them adding achivos for those custom contents. Yes. I'm all in for it

Ale

Staff member
I think forcing people who don't like achievements to do them would be a mistake. Create custom content and them adding achivos for those custom contents. Yes. I'm all in for it
Well I didn't really mean to force people to do achievements, more like using stages that pretty much have no big purpose.