Patch Notes [06/05/2022] "Bugged" Damage explanation and fix.

Content changes

Teles

Administrator
Staff member
"Bugged" damage calculation.

I have always wonder how in the world those damages were calculated and why it was so broken compared to everything else. I assumed it was bugged as well as I believe everyone else also assumes the same. Well, today I bring you your answers, well, partially.

I started off with Yuki's hearts due to its simplicity and ease of using. My first problem was that she had too many projectiles in the way of the actual damage I was most interested into. The first thing I did was remove everything else besides the main projectile ( aka bugged damage).

For my surprise the client doesn't even tell me what the fluff the damage will be.
1651788308064.png
Usually this is what you see:
1651788367771.png1651788549090.png
In order to calculate the resulting Damage you do Damage (110637 minDamage) multiplied by Multiplier Critical Hits under Magical for INT characters and under Physical Attacks for VIT characters. Dex characters are a mix of both depending upon what skill it is. The resulting minimal damage will be:

1651788569511.png

Easy enough right? Well yes. Now, why the UI for the Ice Dragon Heart shows you a % number instead of a damage range value?
Here I began my journey looking for answers.
1651788723500.png
Note the 7631.45 as well as the fact that I have a 20% damage increase on the Ice Dragon's Heart, The math goes -> 7631.45 * 1.20 that results into -> 9157.74.
You guys are gonna ask but hey Teles why is it off by 100% ? I'll give you guys answer to that later, at this point I wasn't sure either why.

The second part of the puzzle was tinkering on how would AllM do the calculations to get to the final damage. Based on experience I came across rather a few skills/actions that were relativeDmg which is the same damage type as Ice Dragon's Heart and that means it relates to the MIN-MAX basic attack dmg.
1651789634183.png
Right Teles, you know that but how do I calculate my damage?

Well, It goes very straight forward as long as you know what the scaling(relativeDmg) is for every skill there is luckily enough I have access to the game's files and I can simply look the skill I wanted to know, for this specific skill it has a 1.1 scaling RELATIVE to your Basic attack ( which funny enough scales from your STR and DEX for any class)
The formula to calculate the final damage ( at least the range which you will be damaging is)
1651790007093.png
Table available at : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yaiad6LdUfGpXMEe2ot8of0N9dQCjmseGG_BPR9ExNY
1651790642047.png

You guys now are gonna come to the thread and be like: "Why is my damage higher in the server currently that what your logic is says?"
The server was bugged all this time. lol The damage is actually higher than it should and therefore I'm announcing a scheduled maintenance for tomorrow 1:30PM in order to patch that bug :)

I hope you guys understand that this is not sustainable because it stacks multiple times from the same status resulting in a exponential growth in damage compared to the linear growth for other skills therefore, sometimes in a near future, we gonna have to come up with a consensus and figure out how to fix this in order to make new content viable. With 40kf/30kb a Yuki does almost 1 b in damage with a single skill that has 10sec cool down. Not even mentioning the xmorphs....

Last edited:

Teles

Administrator
Staff member
Obs.. There are ways of calculating every single number the UI shows It's just not the point of this thread. I could go in deeper details if you guys are interested. Thank you!
Edit

Now we are all on the same page. I want new content as much as you guys do, but, we gotta fix this first and then yes, we are golden for new content. If I just keep pushing new stats with the current dmg scaling for these few skills some characters/skills arent gonna even be worth casting compared to those which scale with relativeDmg.

Last edited:

Mystic

Administrator
i agree with you this needs to be fixed for the new contents that will be added
so this is the idea i got for a fix for those skills that get effected with this higher cd like maybe 5sec extra for each skill maybe higher or same for trans since trans last longer