This server is way too grindy ;- ;

littletia

Food for thought, is there any chance just to code giving (x) doge after each stage the fact you have to farm content that you've already cleared for doge is actually a drag, I don't know if anyone feels this way or not, would love to know.

But let's take into an account soloing doge on difficulty for 1 hour in m2 doesn't even give you enough doge for a single apple. You'd have to do roughly 2-3 hours to get enough of one apple. Which of course that apple is gonna give you a shit dye, or mayhaps you'll get 20 regrades which only allows you to reroll stage gear twice. If it's myth then you're pretty much out of luck I think dkd is like 16 regrades or 20??? I don't remember exactly; but who in their right mind would want to farm m2 for 2 hours. I got 16, 14, 12, doge within the 30 runs which is about an hour, so 42. You do this for 3 hours and barely get an apple - or you sell and make 5-6k gold.

Sure you can say "Farm in a party you'll average more doge." Well, for NA there isn't any players. Let's be honest. There's probably 10 NA players. The only populous this server has right now is Brazilians, Chinese, and some Koreans. Personally as a dex or even if I was playing another base stat type character, I rather die then try to pick up doge with 1-2 bars let alone try to spam fog in a server that isn't mine.

Ever since I started this server which was about 2 months ago, it just felt like an endless grind fest with bare minimum reward. It took me making several other tia's to run forest to get the dyes that I needed and even then it took months to get there. I will never be able "min max" with stage and myth dye's that give stats. I would have to grind countless hours to get gold to buy doge from another player that's selling 1 for 40-50 gold. Soloing m3/m4 sorta gives you enough to buy one doge. but then again you need 20+++ doge to buy anything of value. (which the only thing of value is Forts and Catas, apples are expensive... with a HUGE gamble.)

Dd5 is a huge slog to get one gear, 1 run is about 12-18 minutes or so... Let's say 15 minutes per run, that's still 5 hours. Plus you'll end up getting gear that's repeatable...

I highly suggest you make a character with Soldin gear or 3/4 Sd2 gear CS+15, try to form a party to do dd5 and complete this kill 20 quest, and tell me how you feel afterwards.

This is a private server... I'm not trying to relive the countless and endless hours to feel stronger. I rather afk till there's actual things to do...

Doing daily crack is a waste of time as well, the drop chances are too low, why are we constantly relying on RNG to get any progress. Especially when the RNG is so low. I have a higher chance in World of Warcraft getting rare mounts from raid bosses than I do getting a DKD box dropping after killing the boss hundreds of times.

Last edited:
I would love to see admins creating a lvl1 character and actual playing their own server. It wouldn't take more that 2 hours for then to see all the wrong things that we deal with.

Or better yet, start on lvl 70, with Lunia Incarnation and go Forest of Moon, see how many seconds they survive

Teles

Administrator
Staff member
I would love to see admins creating a lvl1 character and actual playing their own server. It wouldn't take more that 2 hours for then to see all the wrong things that we deal with.

Or better yet, start on lvl 70, with Lunia Incarnation and go Forest of Moon, see how many seconds they survive
The Difficulty on Myth 1-6 on Easy is exactly the same as GLunia.
As I said before and I'm here repeating myself. You stated the problems without suggesting anything. Alright, problems stated, and now what? What can we do to fix it?

Teles

Administrator
Staff member
I Honestly much rather make the entire Database(quests, items, stages, characters, skills, actions) open-source and allow pull requests to be voted by the community. But the community is fairly small and it doesn't sound like a good idea lol

The Difficulty on Myth 1-6 on Easy is exactly the same as GLunia.
As I said before and I'm here repeating myself. You stated the problems without suggesting anything. Alright, problems stated, and now what? What can we do to fix it?
First you could decrease mob health + damage.

Lunia was created to be a fully party based game, but that's not the reallity on private servers for the lack of players.

And since mob health + damage increase depending on how much players are on the lobby, decreasing a bit would break the game that much since it would escalate accordingly

I Honestly much rather make the entire Database(quests, items, stages, characters, skills, actions) open-source and allow pull requests to be voted by the community. But the community is fairly small and it doesn't sound like a good idea lol
Of course it's not. But you could just test it out things that most players bitch about it nonstop.
Change the drop rate for items such as item box and doge for a week, see what that wuold do to the happiness of players.

Teles

Administrator
Staff member
First you could decrease mob health + damage.

Lunia was created to be a fully party based game, but that's not the reallity on private servers for the lack of players.

And since mob health + damage increase depending on how much players are on the lobby, decreasing a bit would break the game that much since it would escalate accordingly
It's default already. On easy, it has the same HP/dmg/everything as GLunia. Things get different on Medium and Hard

littletia

Well my suggestion was to give doge after each stage boss kill, like how DD gives you ore after lane phase.

You can increase drop chances on boxes if we want to continue to rely on rng as well. (at least for dd5, 0.5% is pretty bad just to get repeated gear that you have already)

Crack voucher quest instead of it being 3 5 10 doge? I think that's what it is, just change the doge out with apples and have the same drop rate. That'd make people actually do crack and open up regrades to the server fairly easy. So like, 1 2 3 5, apple or something.

I think the only stage that was actually good for myth during doge event was myth 3, nothing compares to it myth wise. If it was myth 4 it also would be good if the bird also dropped doge. You'd actually average enough doge an hour to actually buy items with them. But this is because the amount of monsters inside of these areas. (Or if you could change it to if you're on difficult it would drop double doge, like how all difficult myth stage items do, then the average would be "decent" for 1 hour if it's myth 1 2.)

Also, the myth 1 problem was mostly solved with mitche's gear progression quest, it allowed people to get gear pretty easily; which gave them a kick starter to start farming gold/doge. (directed towards amycrackhouse)

When I first started this server I was bound in 7-4H difficult farming stage scrolls for weeks to get enough gold to get IV scrolls, myth gear, and to help fund my pet for 1.1k doge... But don't get me wrong it was about 5-9 hours each day for a week or two to accumulate enough gold to get said items.

littletia

Wouldn't entirely need to do this, like we can just look at weekly's and daily. The doge that you're getting rewarded is bad; weekly meaning all them that give 5 doge. Daily as well the same, 5 doge. The only reason anyone would do myth daily is myth 6, for the daily gift box. No one thinks to themselves, "Hmm let's do m1-m6 daily for 5 doge each."

also with current state getting a full party that would be willing to do these stages doesn't quite exist for certain regions. (which I only know NA would have a hard time doing these.) I think you should be able to solo these for rewards as well. Relying on 4 other people WILLING to do this.... IS IMPOSSIBRRRRR

For the past 2-3 weeks now all the content wise that I've ever done for doge is lord. I refuse to do anything else because it's more of a waste of time than it's worth.